Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sliders
Make entertaining a breeze with these sliders made from smoky pulled New Zealand pork. Perfect to prepare ahead of time int the slow-cooker then assemble with friends and family. Delicious!
- 2-2.5kg Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ sauce to taste
- SPICE MIX: To make the spice mix, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, mustard powder and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- RUB the spice mixture over your pork shoulder – covering all sides generously.
- SLOW COOK the pork shoulder in a slow cooker. Add the onion, cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on low for 12 hours, or on high for 8 hours.
- SHRED the pork once cooked, remove the pork and shred with two forks and mix through your favourite smoky BBQ sauce.
- SLIDERS: Evenly distribute the pulled pork into 12-15 portions, and place on buttered sliders with creamy coleslaw.