BEEF PITA BURGERS
SERVES 4 | 20 MINS PREP | 16 MINS COOK TIME
500g premium beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, shredded
- 4 pita bread
- 100g blue vein cheese, crumbled
Place all patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season and shape into 4 large patties.
Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat or heat a barbecue plate until hot.
Cook the patties for 16-18 minutes, turning and cooking the sides as well until they are cooked through.
Mix together the yoghurt and mint.
Warm or toast the pitas.
Place salad leaves moistened with a little yoghurt and mint dressing into the pita, follow with the beef patty and a scattering of blue cheese.
Serve with remaining yoghurt and mint dressing in a small bowl.
Recipe and photo thanks to recipes.co.nz