Lemon and Sage Baked Drumsticks
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 20 MINS | COOK TIME: 50 MINS
Lemon and sage chicken drums
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks
Warm potato, asparagus and almond salad
- 700-800 g baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or another type of vinegar
- 20-24 asparagus spears tough end of stalks trimmed
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 220°C/420 Fahrenheit. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Mix lemon zest and juice, mustard, sage, honey and salt together. Toss with chicken drumsticks on first prepared tray. Bake for 40–50 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly brown. Turn once half way through cooking.
- While chicken cooks, prepare the potato salad. Cut any larger potatoes in half and toss with olive oil and red wine vinegar in second prepared tray. Season with salt and roast for about 25 minutes (on a shelf below the chicken), turning once halfway through.
- In a heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over asparagus and leave for about 5 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain.Thinly slice red onion. When the potatoes have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, add asparagus and red onion to the tray of potatoes and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. Toss with potatoes, asparagus, red onion, almonds and parsley just before serving.
- To serve, place a few chicken drums onto each plate and drizzle over cooking juices. Serve with potato, asparagus and almond salad on the side.