SOY & HOISIN PORK RICE BOWL
SERVES 4 | 15 MINS PREP | 10 MINS COOK TIME
500g New Zealand pork mince
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked and cooled
- ¼ cup and 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar), divided
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 200g green beans
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Japanese mayonnaise
Combine the pork mince with the soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, garlic, and canola oil. Set aside.
Make the bean sprout and carrot topping by tossing the bean sprouts and carrots with 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar.
Heat a frying pan and drizzle with extra canola oil. Cook the pork mince for about 8 mins or until browned. Mix in half of the spring onion. Remove from the pan.
Quickly stir fry the green beans in the same pan.
Mix the cooled rice with ¼ cup rice wine vinegar and sesame seeds.
Divide rice into bowls and top with the pork mince, carrots and sprouts, green beans, cherry tomatoes, spring onion, and Japanese mayonnaise.
Recipe and image thanks to NZ Pork