HOISIN PORK YAKI UDON
SERVES 4 | 10 MINS PREP | 15 MINS COOK TIME
400g pork leg, rump or sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into sticks
- 4 udon noodle portions (200g each)
- Spring onion, finely chopped (optional garnish)
- White sesame seeds (optional garnish)
Combine the pork, soy sauce, hoisin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium high. Drizzle with oil and add the garlic. Cook for 3 mins then add the pork.
Cook for 5 mins, or until browned. Then add the broccoli and carrot. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 2 mins.
Remove the lid and add the noodles. Cook for 3-4 mins, or until hot.
Serve garnished with spring onion and sesame seeds if desired.
Image and recipe thanks to pork.co.nz